NET30 DISCLOSURES REVOLVING TERMS
Interest Rates and Interest Charges
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
0% based on creditworthiness.
Your due date is at least 30 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you any interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum finance charge
- $15 on balances up to $100
- $29 on balances of $100 up to $250
- $39 on balances of $250 and over
Returned payment fee: $39
Method of computing the balance for purchases
Daily balance. This includes new purchases.
How do we apply your payment? We apply your payments in a way that is most favorable or convenient for us. This may include applying such payments to low APR balances before higher APR balances. When can we change the rates, fees, and terms of your card agreement? We may change the rates, fees, and terms of your card agreement at any time, for any reason. These reasons may be based on information in your credit report or general market conditions. If the change will cause a rate or fee to increase, you will receive advance notice and a right to opt out. If you opt out, we will close your account. You can then pay the remaining balance under the old rates, fees, and terms. The information about the cost of the card described in this application is accurate as of November 1, 2019. This information may have changed after that date.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OFFER
- This offer is only valid for new accounts. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you are married, you may apply for a separate account. Crown Business Solutions (“we” or “us”) is the issuer of your Crown Office Supplies Business Account. Crown Business Solutions is located in Sheridan, WY. Credit offers are intended for residents of, and this is not an offer for the credit card to individuals outside of, the United States and its Territories.
- To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. This means that we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you when you open an account. In addition, the bank must obtain the business’ legal name, its street address, and its taxpayer identification number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents; and obtain identification information about you or any employees you add to your account.
- Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, in order to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. To process the application, we must have the Business’ legal name, its street address, and its taxpayer identification number. Also, we must have the Authorized Officer’s name, home address, date of birth and other identifying information. We may ask for additional identifying documents from you as well.
- We may gather information about you including from an employer, bank, credit bureau, and others to verify your identity and to determine your eligibility for credit, the renewal of credit and future extension of credit. If you ask us, we will tell you whether or not we requested a credit bureau report, and the names and addresses of any credit bureaus that provided us with such reports.
- You authorize us to share with the retailer for whom this card is issued, and its affiliates, experiential and transactional information regarding you and your account.
- To receive a Crown Office Supply NET 30 Account, you must meet our credit qualification criteria. Your credit limit will be determined by a review of your business credit report, and in some instances, a review of such other financial information as we may ask you or the business to provide. You will be informed of the amount of your credit line when your account is opened.
INITIAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR THE Crown Business ACCOUNT
Please read this Initial Disclosure Statement (“Statement”) and keep it for your records.
Late Fee. We add a late fee for each billing period you do not pay the Minimum Payment Due by the payment due date. This fee is based on your account balance as of the Transaction Date shown on your statement for the late fee. The fee is $15 on balances up to $100; $29 on balances of $100 up to $250; and $39 on balances of $250 and over. We add this fee to the regular purchase balance. Returned Payment Fee. We add a $39 fee if a payment check or similar instrument is not honored or if it is returned because it cannot be processed. We also add this fee if an automatic debit is returned unpaid. We assess this fee the first time your check or payment is not honored, even if it is honored upon resubmission. We add this fee to the regular purchase balance.